1. Jumped out of a perfectly good airplane.
2. Adopted an abused and neglected dog. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made, even if this Christmas card was under-appreciated.
3. Done a drug-raid ride-along with the police as a journalist.
4. Traveled by myself through two countries whose languages I didn’t speak.
5. Partied in Tijuana.
6. Scuba dived on an iron-clad steamer in 100 feet of water.
7. Tried to give my anger to God in a collection plate.
8. Ridden on a motorcycle.
9. Danced on a bar.
10. Owned and ridden a unicycle.
11. Been in an elevator with Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton.
12. Rode horses for years and won a dressage class.
13. Dressed as the Blonde Ambition version of Madonna at a Halloween party–and caught a husband as a result.
14. Endured 3 months of bedrest and preterm labor with twins and delivered two healthy babies.
15. Written an epic 100 item bucket list (and made a fair dent in it).
16. Had my ass kicked by postpartum depression, then returned the favor.
17. Faced my biggest fear when my husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer. (He’s was given a clean bill of health at his last appointment with the oncologist, by the way!)
18. Did my own makeup and hair for my wedding (and still don’t understand why everyone thinks this was such a big deal).
19. Did my own makeup for last Halloween’s “sexy zombie” look.
20. Fallen down the stairs of the Anne Frank house (to applause from the people lined up to go in).
21. Used part of my semester abroad to bring “Animal House” to the Brits, along with toga parties and hall crawls.
22. Was there for my father when he was dying.
***This post was written for Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop. The prompt: Write a list of 22 things you have done.